TDBGrid scroll bar

I have been wondering for some time now about the scroll bar to the right of a TDBGrid, if the grid has the focus then using the wheel on the mouse scrolls the grid up and down. Click, holding and moving the mouse button on the scroll bar moves the scroll bar but not the grid, is there any way to make the grid move up and down.

regards
Steve

Comments

• I have not been able to reproduce your problem. Perhaps I am not understanding it correctly. Can you give a more detailed description?
  • Hi SalmiSoft,

I have put a link here showing am mp4 video of the problem.

http://sjweeks.co.uk/temp/demo1.mp4

regards
    Steve
  • Oh I see. I had never noticed that before. I must be blind. It isn't very nice, but I don't see any easy way to improve things. I guess it would be possible to handle the scrollbar messages and manually adjust position within the data set and set the scrollbar properties but it is likely to be a considerable can of worms. Perhaps it would be an acceptable kludge to simply send the grid a mousewheel message when the scrollbar thumb is moved, and let the existing code handle things. I don't know. I have to wonder why this has not been resolved in the standard component and I would not be surprised if it got very messy very quickly, and need a lot of work to get it right.

Maybe I am missing an obvious solution; if I think of one I'll let you know, but don't hold your breath while you wait.
  • Thanks for the come back, I thought it would be a simple solution, I thought it was something I was missing. Anyway I can live with it the way it is, maybe if enough people complain to Embarcadero Technologies about it they might do something about it, but like you said I won't hold my breath.

Regards
    Steve