Hello Everyone!

Hey! I'm a fairly new programmer. I've been programming for um.... I don't know. Maybe 6 months or less. Anyway, I surprisingly start with Scratch. Then I got interested in programming and went on to Codecademy, I learned HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery (I know, jQuery is just a JavaScript library), Python, I know just a bit of PHP. Around the time I was learning PHP I was moving into more serious, complicated langues. Right now I'm focusing on Java and really just seeing where I can go with that. I'm hoping that in the future I can go onto C++ and I've been curious about Android Development. :)

Comments

• Welcome! If you're curious about Android development, then I'd stick with Java for a few years instead of learning C++. There is little sense in learning the basics of several languages in short period of time, especially as many as you have listed off if it's been less than 6 months of learning on your own. Just pick one and stick with it for longer than 6 months.
  • SteveO wrote:
    Welcome! If you're curious about Android development, then I'd stick with Java for a few years instead of learning C++. There is little sense in learning the basics of several languages in short period of time, especially as many as you have listed off if it's been less than 6 months of learning on your own. Just pick one and stick with it for longer than 6 months.

Ya, you are right. It's just that I wasn't really interested in most of those. They just seemed too simple. I knew that there was a lot more that I was missing but decided to move on. With Java, I know I'll be with it for a long while.
  • Hello,
    Welcome to the community.