Is it possible to learn C# ?

Hello friends, i want to learn c# but i have no idea about C and c ++, so can we learn C# without C++ or C. How to prepare for c#. and in how much time to take a beginner to learn C#.

Comments

  • Hello World : 1 days
    Writing something meaningful or useful : maybe a week.
    Becoming an expert : 3 - 10 years

    And Amazon thinks "21 days" is sufficient for learning anything.

    They have the "teach yourself XYZ in 21 days series"
  • Learning C# requires no previous understanding of C or C++. It certainly helps to have previous programming experience, but it's not an absolute necessity; you can start learning with any language really. It's usually pick up books like this when I want to learn a new language; I own this book and recommend it.
  • SteveO wrote:
    Learning C# requires no previous understanding of C or C++. It certainly helps to have previous programming experience, but it's not an absolute necessity; you can start learning with any language really. It's usually pick up books like this when I want to learn a new language; I own this book and recommend it.
    I second this.
  • Yeah it is possible to learn C#. You can have general knowledge of programming. C# is like C. If you have already learned C then C# is very easy for you. You can also learn directly C# there is no need of learning C. C# is very easy language.
  • in how much time to take a beginner to learn C#.
    it depends if you are a total beginner in all coding, or only beginner in C#

    if you have good experience with any other programming languages, then in one month you could be very good.

    if you are starting from zero with c#, then it could take 6 to 12 months.

    if you have medium/low experience with general programing, that it will be between the 1~12 months,

    it also depends on the time that you will dedicate to it
  • one Good advice would be, do not start with windows programming.

    Start with console programming, so that you are focussed on logic and constructs.

    UI is much easier to learn, if you know the basics.
  • apals wrote:
    one Good advice would be, do not start with windows programming.

    Start with console programming, so that you are focussed on logic and constructs.

    UI is much easier to learn, if you know the basics.

    I would advice the opposite to this,

    start with windows application, it is easier, and will give you more experince when dealing with windows form controls, which will help you later when developing applications for real.
  • chris0 wrote:
    start with windows application, it is easier, and will give you more experince when dealing with windows form controls, which will help you later when developing applications for real.

    Wait a minute...console programming is harder than developing with GUIs? Is that what I should understand from this? If so, that makes no sense to me since programming with GUI libraries still requires knowledge of the language itself, which is best learned initially through console programming in my opinion. Main program logic has nothing to do with a GUI; the GUI is simply there to make the program easier to use.
  • Well, I started learning C# with "Microsoft C# Programming for the Absolute Beginner" by Andy Harris and recommend it 100%... If you grasp the concepts and put up 4-5 hours a day 6 times a week... well... you could go through it in 2 months [the book has cca. 400 pages]...
    Then you take a more advanced book, but never forget to play with your new found knowledge... Improvise and come up with more "games" while you learn...
    Also, I believe that "speed learning" is not the answer, if you think long term... You can easily get code outlines and memorize most of the tricks, so when you have to do something you just copy paste from somewhere... But, I believe that understanding "why" you write some code structure is more important, if you want to be good at it and make a career of it... That's why I recommend starting at the most basics [console based stuff like "Hello world"] and when you grasp the concept it gets easier later when it gets harder :/ [my mind just went "what the f did you just write, dude :)]... Also, I recommend getting a high school math book and go over it simultaneously, because... let`s face it... in the programing world math gets you sooner or later... so it`s better you make it sooner...

    [That`s me for now... Sorry for the long post]
  • yes, u can learn c# without knowing c and c++ because c# is a combination of all there languages like c , c++,java but it is not mandatory that u have knowledge of these languages . just u tried to create logic and buy some good book for this purpose and start doing practice because a programmer can't became a programmer without to do programming. :):):):)
  • SteveO wrote:
    Wait a minute...console programming is harder than developing with GUIs? Is that what I should understand from this? If so, that makes no sense to me since programming with GUI libraries still requires knowledge of the language itself, which is best learned initially through console programming in my opinion. Main program logic has nothing to do with a GUI; the GUI is simply there to make the program easier to use.

    Yes, that is my opinion, all the GUI elements are auto generated with the visual studio, with being able to modify properties pretty easily from the side properties.

    1. place a button on the form
    2. double click
    3. put some code
    4. make it output using MessageBox.Show()

    that is how i started, and it was relatively easy .....

    And it felt great to do something that simple, while still looking useful with very less effort.
    like doing a calculator, ..etc
  • yes you can learn that
  • NO

    C# is a forbidden language. It has never been understood and is purely conceptual. Stop now before you end up suicidal like so many before you.

    You have been warned.
  • Please read a C# book of Herbert Schildt, this way you will learn C# as quick as possible
  • chris0 wrote:
    I would advice the opposite to this,

    start with windows application, it is easier, and will give you more experince when dealing with windows form controls, which will help you later when developing applications for real.

    I'm with chris on this one. I started programming in VBA for Excel using forms and other controls. When I started taking VB classes we started with a windows form application. I dove right into it and soaked it up like a sponge.

    When I took my first Java class it was all console applications for the first 15 weeks. It was dry and boring and I hate java to this day because of it. Start with forms, the basic fundamentals are exactly the same and it's easier to visualize the object oriented nature when you have physical objects to work with.
  • hey friend having a best portal for u to learn C#. it is hard to tell the Time as it differ frm person to person..but i wil giv u the website it starts everything with a scratch.

    www.homeandlearn.co.uk

    just try it and if possible give me the feedback...
    Bye
  • ...it is written great and easy to understand. Also lots of excercises in there....

    I second that... Really good book for getting things going...
  • Just 3 words...

    Patience and Determination
  • C# syntax are based on C++, but after that there is very little in common. Under the hood, C# is more like Java. (Also, Java syntax are based in C++, which makes C# look suspiciously like Microsoft's Java.)
Sign In or Register to comment.