C# database programming book recommendation

I'd consider myself quite an experienced C# WinForms application developer. But I'm looking to teach myself database programming with C# and SQL Server. I've been trying to find a decent book that covers this but I've had no luck at all. The books I've found so far and the issues with them are:

Mastering C# Database Programming
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mastering-Database-Programming-Jason-Price/dp/0782141838/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1286042794&sr=1-1
This book seems ideal but is far too out of date. It uses SQL Server 2000 and Visual Studio .NET.

Beginning C# 2008 Databases: From Novice to Professional
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beginning-2008-Databases-Professional-Professionals/dp/1590599004/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1286042794&sr=1-3
This seems to be ideal but the Amazon review comments put me off as they say the book covers basics for C# and the basics for Databases but not how to can be used together to program.

I've exhausted all the keyword searches I can think of and can't find a single book that will meet my needs but I'm sure there must be something out there.

My requirements for the book are:
1. Must use Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or later as the primary database technology.
2. Must use C# and Visual Studio 2005 or later as the primary programming technology.
3. Must cover TSQL, SQLXML, stored procedures and triggers.

Any recommendation will be gratefully appreciated.

TIA

Comments

• Regardless of what language you use -- C#, C, C++, VB.NET, Phthon, etc -- you have to know how to communicate with the SQL compliant database server. And that means you have to learn the SQL (Structured Query Language). Here are a few tutorials to get you going.
  • Regardless of what language you use -- C#, C, C++, VB.NET, Phthon, etc -- you have to know how to communicate with the SQL compliant database server. And that means you have to learn the SQL (Structured Query Language). Here are a few tutorials to get you going.

I should have stated that I'm quite up to speed with SQL. I'm really looking for a book that covers how to use C# and the .NET framework to write applications that make use of SQL Server databases.
  • You might read some of the articles available at www.codeproject.com. Just enter "C# database" in its search box and you will get several articles/examples.
  • Try this one...its online and free... C# Database programming for beginners

Bonave