idea for the final project at university

• idea for the final project at university

Hi there! It's been a long time....

Well. I need to write a final project at university.

And someone suggested me to write something like `swing` or `apache tapestry` but Mozilla XUL based (it should create xul-based applications). So I am wondering whether I should do it or not. It's an interesting task for me but does it have any worth?
      IA krevedko.
    • I am guessing this is for a comp-sci degree? Without having the requirements of your project it is hard to advice you.

I am personally not a huge fan of this particular idea. Why do people spend so much time trying to write new application frameworks and languages, instead of using the existing ones and making something useful. Maybe for a comp-sci degree this sort of makes sense from a pure exercise and learning point of view, but there are certainly more interesting things that you could do...
      I am Addicted to Linux!
    • King wrote:

I am guessing this is for a comp-sci degree? Without having the requirements of your project it is hard to advice you.

I am personally not a huge fan of this particular idea. Why do people spend so much time trying to write new application frameworks and languages, instead of using the existing ones and making something useful. Maybe for a comp-sci degree this sort of makes sense from a pure exercise and learning point of view, but there are certainly more interesting things that you could do...

Well..this is for bachelor's degree.
      IA krevedko.