Does VISUAL BASIC EXPRESS work with Windows 7 ?

• Does VISUAL BASIC EXPRESS work with Windows 7 ?

I am going to program a simple small app in Windows.
      And I am thinking of using Visual Basic Express Free Edition.

Does this work with win 7?

(My app will be something that simply launches from a disc when you insert it, and then asks you to choose a few options, then launches an installer. So quite simple.)
    • Thanks, then would you recommend I use Visual Basic Express for the kind of app I want to code? (ie: a simple app that launches from a disc and gives you a few simple options and invokes an installer). Or would you recommend some other programming language/package?
    • What you want to do would work with Visual Basic. I, however, would recommend using NSIS for the installer/uninstaller portion of your application.
      "I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious."
    • Bansaw wrote:

I am going to program a simple small app in Windows.
      And I am thinking of using Visual Basic Express Free Edition.

Does this work with win 7?

(My app will be something that simply launches from a disc when you insert it, and then asks you to choose a few options, then launches an installer. So quite simple.)

I was told that (VB6) Visual Basic 6.0 would not work on or with Windows 7, That it was not compatible, Well let me tell you I personally have Windows 7 and I prefer VB6 and yes it works, When I open it I get a pop up error message but it's nothing, Everything seems to work fine