best web development language

• Stephen.joyce77 wrote:

I think no compare with HTML now a days
      its best in this regard

HTML is for sure needed in web development, but it is only a client-side markup language and often needs to be used along side other technologies. For larger websites a server side language is often required, such as ASP.net or PHP.
      I am Addicted to Linux!
    • There is no BEST particular language for web development. It is all depending on the kind of server or platform of the web application & the user experience. I would suggest the beginners to start with HTML and CSS. When it comes to web application selection; PHP is suitable for quick jobs. And I would recommend Java for complex and scalable systems.
    • Ugur KAZDAL wrote:

Javascript, if you are not good at using Javascript, then you're not a real web developer.. its easy to learn, focus on javascript

I strongly beg to differ. I worked as a web developer in high school for several months and never wrote a single line of Javascript...just PHP. I even started redesigning the site in Ruby before I stopped working for the company that hired me. Don't get me wrong, Javascript is quite useful, especially with the jQuery extensions, but you can still be a web developer without ever being good at coding in Javascript; I prefer to work with Ruby now over Javascript.
      "I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious."
    • SteveO wrote:

I strongly beg to differ. I worked as a web developer in high school for several months and never wrote a single line of Javascript...just PHP. I even started redesigning the site in Ruby before I stopped working for the company that hired me. Don't get me wrong, Javascript is quite useful, especially with the jQuery extensions, but you can still be a web developer without ever being good at coding in Javascript; I prefer to work with Ruby now over Javascript.

Well SteveO, I'm afraid you were not a real web developer, going by arbitrary definitions of reality as applied to web development. You were a fake web developer, writing archaic software that made a historically anachronistic rendition of the Web 1.0 cyberscape. Real web developers don't use URLs, they use Javascript actions. Real web developers don't use bookmarkable locations, they use asynchronous HTTP requests. Real web developers don't use paths, they use hashtags.

Okay in all seriousness you can be a web developer without knowing Javascript or something that compiles to Javascript, but you certainly can't be a good one.
    • I should mention then that the parts of the site I worked on didn't have me working in Javascript. I mostly developed web applications in Flex and ActionScript, so I had no real use for Javascript even though I knew the language.
      "I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious."
    • Ultimately, the code is interpreted by a Web server with a PHP processor module which generates the resulting Web page. It also has evolved to include a command-line interface capability & can be used in standalone graphical applications. PHP can be deployed on most Web servers & also as a standalone shell on every operating method & platform free.

PHP is a general-purpose server-side scripting language originally designed for Web development to produce dynamic Web pages. It is among of the first developed server-side scripting languages to be embedded in to an HTML source document, than calling an outside file to system knowledge.
    • As a web developer you must have ability to adopt the different languages, since your looking for the best that base in your choice of preference.

And if you want to gain your knowledge about programming I suggest you Laravel - The PHP Framework it would help you in simplifying your codes and also make it readable.

I hope you check this out. :)
      Happy coding.
      Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Contact us now!
      Multilingual Website